Chef Peter X. Kelly's
Lobster Crepe with Mascarpone & Chives
For Crepe Batter
- 1 Cup Flour
- 12 ounces Milk
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Vegetable spray
- Place flour, milk, eggs, butter & salt in a mixing bowl.
- Using a wire whisk mix ingredients well, being sure to scrape bottom and sides of bowl.
- When mixture is smooth pour through a fine mesh strainer.
- Add minced chives to batter
- Allow batter to rest one hour
- Using a nonstick pan lightly coat bottom of pan with vegetable spray.
- Heat pan till very hot but not smoking.
- Pour a small amount of batter into pan and tilt pan to cover bottom of pan with batter completely.
- Allow to brown on one side (40-50 seconds)
- Carefully turn crepe to other side and allow to brown
- Slide crepe out of pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Cover crepes with plastic wrap and set aside.
For Lobster Mixture
- 2 whole lobsters
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Shallots, finely minced
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone
- Salt & Ground white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Plunge lobsters into boiling water and cook for 6 minutes
- Prepare an ice bath
- When cooked remove lobsters from water and place in ice bath.
- When cool remove meat from lobster.
- Cut lobster meat into small dice and place in mixing bowl.
- Add mascarpone, shallots, chives, salt and pepper to lobster and gently mix.
- Place a crepe on a buttered sheet pan and place a generous spoonful of filling in center.
- Wrap crepe around filling to form a pouch.
- Turn crepe over and sit on seam side
- Brush crepe with melted butter and heat in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
***Serve crepe with Lobster Sauce or Sauce Nantua perfumed with Star Anise