River City Grille's Clam Fritters
|For Christmas Eve at River City Grille we do a salute to our Italian heritage with a feast of 7
fishes. One of the favorite appetizers which is actually on our current dinner menu is Clam Fritters.|
1 cup chopped clams
.5 cup clam juice
.5 cup milk
1.5 cups all purpose flour
.5 cup minced Spanish onion
3 tblspn baking powder
2 tblspn paprika
.25 tspn chile powder
.25 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Salt & pepper
Chef/Owner Bobby Manzi, River City Grille
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add clam juice and milk. Whisk.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a separate bowl. Add paprika and chile powder.
- Add chopped clams to flour mixture.
- Add egg mixture to clam mixture. Add onions, parsley salt & pepper.
- Mix gently just to combine. Do not overmix. Batter should not be too thick.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop scoops into 350 degree oil.
- Fry until golden brown and cooked in center.
- Serve with cocktail sauce.
Visit http://www.vintagehudsonvalley.com for more of the region's best
dining, lodgings, cooking vacations, and more.